Halloween is a day away and we’re sure you have your shares of screams and scares. Here is a list of some jaw-dropping, heart-beating “PR Nightmares” the BPRS-NY leadership team wants you to avoid (cue scary, dramatic music)…
- Planning a press event, but no media advisories were sent out
- Sending your press release out to the media universe and then realizing there is a spelling error in your headline
- During your press conference your speaker (client) goes off topic and drives the story elsewhere
- Preparing for a red carpet event and realizing the step and repeat never came
- Client has not confirmed special guests until week before the event
- Keynote speaker realizes the week of the event that he/she has a conflict and can no longer deliver the keynote
- The venue loses the in-kind donations, or gifts, shipped by the corporate sponsors attending the event
- Your client makes a very insensitive comment about recent scandal without consulting with you first
- Begin pitching a genius story about your client’s newest product, then you realize a competitor just received coverage on their similar new product
- Sending your well thought out pitch…. to the wrong email address
Not frightened enough? What are some other “PR nightmares” to avoid?
This list was compiled by our leadership team.